Rongai Route Trekking Mount Kilimajaro Daily (6 Days Trekking - Unspoiled Wilderness Trail)
Rongai Route Trekking Kilimanjaro daily departures for US $ 1400, Inquire spacial rates. Nairobi hotels, Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport to Arusha Moshi Rongai Gate Private Shuttle Transfer Book today
Trekking Rongai Route Mount Kilimanjaro, from the North via unspoiled wildernes trails. The easiest route, has a gentle gradient and short daily stages from the starting point just south of the Kenya-Tanzania border. Go through farmland, forests and alpine moorland to the Uhuru Peak Summit. Scenic beaty throughout, and possibilities of wildlife viewing. Descend through lush forests, with time to relax and recover.
Day 1: Nairobi Loitoktok
Vehicle transfer from Nairobi to Laitoktok at Kibo Slopes tented camp for overnight stay. Dinner and overnight at Kibo slopes. (BB)
Day 2: Rombo Cave
Transfer from kibo slopes camp to Rongai gate.
The climb begins at the village of Nale Moru ( 1950 mts) through cultivated land before entering the pine forest. Watch out for Kilimanjaro Colobus monkeys in the treetops with their white-fringed 'capes' and tail. Taking 3 - 4 hours the first camp is on the edge of the moorland zone where the forest begins to thin out at First Cave at 8500ft/2600m. Overnight 1st Cave Camp.
Day 3: Kikelewa
Trek to the second cave for lunch and onwards to Kikelewa cave on Mawenzi trail 3800m (7 hours)The morning walk is a steady ascent up to Second Cave at 11300ft/3450m with superb views of Kibo and the eastern ice fields on the crater rim. Pushing on to reach Third Cave at 12800ft/3800m for overnight camp. Overnight 3rd Cave Camp.
NOTE : Acclamatisation recommended at Mawenzi Camp
Day 4: Mawenzi Tarn Camp
Trek to Mawenzi tarn camp 4330m (3 hours.) Continue ascending on the east side of Kibo crossing the saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo taking 4 to 5 hours to reach Kibo Hut at 15000ft/4700m. The remainder of the day is spent resting in preparation for the final ascent which begins around midnight. Overnight Kibo Camp .
Day 5: School Hut to Uhuru
Across the saddle to school hut 4800m. (5 hours). An early start for the summit on steep heavy scree to arrive at Gilman's Point at 18640ft/5681m in time to see the sun rise. Those who want to reach the highest point in Africa can take the approximately three hour excursion to Uhuru Peak 19340/5895m passing close to the spectacular glaciers and ice cliffs that still occupy most of the summit area. The descent to Kibo is surprisingly fast and after some refreshment, continue the descent to reach the final campsite at Horombo at 12000ft/3700m taking 11 to 15 hours. Overnight Horombo Camp.
Day 6: Uhuru Peak -Mweka Camp or Mandara
proceed to Uhuru peak and down to Mweka camp. (14hrs)A steady descent down through the moor land to Mandara Hut and then downward through the lush forest on a good path to the National Park gate at Marangu ( 1830m) taking 5 to 7 hours to be met and transferred to your Hotel for dinner and overnight at Buffalo Hotel.
Day 7: Arusha or Nairobi
Descend to Mweka Gate and transfer to Arusha. (4 hours) or one can transfer to Nairobi. Over Night at Impala Hotel Arusha or Boulevard Hotel Nairobi or Similar. (BB) (NB: Extra US $ 180 P.P sharing for over night at The New Arusha Hotel in Arusha or 270 p.p sharing over night at The Norfolk in Nairobi)
The above programme costs US $ 1400 P.P
For more information and special offers, Please Inquire.
Trekking Cost Above Includes
- Arrival airport transfers
- Transport/Transfer to and from the mountain
- Meals as advised above for entire trek and tour
- Accommodation as detailed on the itinerary
- Tents and Mattress during your trek
- Services of a private mountain guide, cook and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and client's private bags.
- National Park entrance, accommodation or camping fees.
- Food and catering equipment, breakfasts, lunches (packed when necessary) and evening meals prepared by our own cook.
- Special dietary requirements are catered for with prior arrangements at no extra cost.
- Certificate of Achievement/ appreciation from us.
- Free storage of excess baggage not required during mountain trekking.
- Crisis management apparatus VHF 2-way radio, basic first aid kit and an on call vehicle.
Trekking Cost Above Excludes:
- Travel and personal accident insurance.
- Visa, passport, vaccinations, medicines.
- Personal Mountain equipment.
- Expenditure on alcoholic drinks, souvenirs and other personal items.
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary.
- Additional optional accommodation added at the base hotel or extra days on
- the mountain added.
- Treated drinking water
- Extra costs incurred in case of own intentional change of itinerary while
- already on trek.
- Porters to carry excess of 16Kg. personal luggage per client.
Trekking Personal Items:
- T-shirts (synthetic materials are best as cotton retains moisture)
- Waterproof thigh-length jacket (Goretex or similar)
- Gloves (waterproof warm outers + thin liners)
- Warm hat (or balaclava) that covers the ears
- Waterproof walking boots (well broken-in)
- Waterproof outer trousers _ Warm mid-layer (fleece or down)
- Warm long-sleeved shirt _ Warm walking trousers (not jeans!)
- Thermal underwear _ Walking socks (several pairs)
- Walking shorts
- Trainers or soft shoes for relaxing
- Glacier glasses (or good quality sunglasses ? preferably with side shields)
- Personal first aid kit & essential medication
- Wet wipes
- Warm sleeping bag (3/4-season)
- Sleeping bag liner
- Trekking pole(s) - can be hired locally
- Small towel
- Headtorch & spare batteries
- Spare plastic bags
- Waterbottle(s) - minimum 3 litres capacity
- High factor sunscreen & lipsalve
- High energy snacks, dried fruit, nuts, sweets, etc. NB: hang on to some till the last day - you?ll appreciate them more!
- A small bottle of cordial or squash concentrate (to liven up the ?flat? taste of boiled water)
MARANGU LUXURY SHUTTLES
Rentford House 2nd Floor.
Muindi Mbingu street, (Next Kenya Comfort Hotel)
P. O. Box 24105 - 00100
Office Phone : +254 203 555 780 / +254 722 165 331 / +254 722 124 349